Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere! Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share!
Oh, the joys of cleaning up after your children. Our home can go from spotless to tsunami in a matter of minutes. Here’s some of the tricks we use to encourage our kids to help with the mess. (When the Barney song doesnt work, of course!)
- Give advance warning. – “You can drive the truck around the room one more time before we clean up”
- Play eye spy. – “Can you find all the teddy bears and put them in this bucket?!”
- Put away the old before starting the new. – “We need to put away the legos before we play with the kitchen”
- How fast can we clean up!? – “Do you think you can clean up all of your books before I can finish singing the ABC song!?”
- Show them how it’s done. – “I’m going to put all the red blocks on this shelf, do you think you can help me?!”
We keep our play room quite organized, and everything has its own place. This helps make our clean up time a breeze and teaches our girls skills to keep things in order.
For a tour of our full play room click here!