My favorite “go-to” dessert when I’m having unexpected guests, is this easy, 4 ingredient “Strawberry Summer” cake it includes no baking, and is made from store bought items. It is so simple to make, and everyone is always asking how it was made. It’s so easy to do that sometimes I don’t even believe it! I enjoy serving this for friends because I think everyone gets tired of having cupcakes and cookies on occasion.
I didn’t list measurements for the ingredients because you can gage it all based on how many people you are entertaining, or your own taste preference. This dessert is very sweet, and very light. My two favorite things!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ready made Angel Food Cake (from your grocers bakery section)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Granulated Sugar
- Cool Whip
- Wash & Cut the strawberries and place them in a bowl.
- Toss them with the sugar and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or even overnight. The sugar will draw moisture out of the berries and naturally make a sweet strawberry like syrup. (Do this step right before you start preparing lunch/dinner, when it comes time to serve the dessert they will be perfect)
- Once the strawberries are nice and sweet, all you have to do is slice a piece of the angel food cake
- Add a dollop of Cool Whip
- Top with the berries
Yes, that is the entire “recipe”, and this entire post.
Make it. Serve it. Eat it. You’ll be glad you did! 🙂